Valentina SQL Request and more

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 14 10:07:22 CDT 2003

on 6/14/03 3:08, Aric Whitaker at aric at pccrafter.com wrote:

Hi Aric,

> I haven¹t been able to post to the group all day, so I am sending this
> direct to youŠ here are the 2 emails I tried to post:
>
> I am writing some software in Director that uses a local Valentina DB
> which will be distributed to several users.  Our users will need to
> synchronize their local DB's to an online master DB, but the DB is going
> to be somewhat large (10MB+) in size, and would hate to make them
> download the entire thing each time.
>
> My request is for a synchronization command... where a client can
> connect to a Valentina Server, and synchronize their local DB with the
> server's db, only updating those records that are different.  The nice
> thing is that it is only a one-way synch: Their local DB has to reflect
> the Master DB.
>
> For everyone else, could you benefit by a sync command?

1) Aric, as you understand, this is not simple task and it will take time.

2) as far as I see, at least to be able do this, YOU as developer, or DBMS
if this is its feature will need additional 8 bytes per record of DateTime
or TimeStamp field.
Because we need ability to compare time for record.

3) in fact you can implement this feature self now. Correct?

4) if I am not mistake in mature DBMS this operation is named 'replication'

> Thank you for adding me to the list of testers...
>
> Question:  When is the anticipated alpha release-date of Studio?

Jochen have say about current days for next alpha.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com