Valentina examples will not run

Walter Purvis wpurvis7 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 10 04:50:27 CDT 2003

I'm using RB 5.1 on MacOS 9.2.2, and even the simple example projects will not run in debug mode. They seem to compile okay, but then when RB tries to launch the application, it gives me the "Runtime Failure: Failed Assertion" dialog, iwth the message "plugin.cpp:4919 pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(" -- the message is cut off there.

I can build the application and run it as a standalone application without a problem -- the problem only seems to be in debug mode.

I am using the 1.9.7 release, and I also tried the June 6, 2003 beta (1.9.8b8). Both failed. I tried removing all other plugins and restarting RB, but that didn't change anything.

I'm stumped.

-Walter