Quick Time or MPG inside Valentina Database

Gordon Apple ga at ed4u.com
Mon Jun 9 12:51:12 CDT 2003

on 6/9/03 12:35 PM, Gunnar Swan at GunnarSwan at practicetopass.com wrote:

> Now that our product is in it's 6th revision and quite stable, we are looking
> to move forward.
> A lot of the information contained in the Valentina database is proprietary
> and we don't want it stolen or hacked.
>
> We want to include Quicktime .MOV files and .MPG files.
>
> We could simply include these files in the Setup.exe and write them to the
> hard drive.
>
> Our preference is to store them inside the Valentina database. As they are
> required, they are exported from Valentina, written temporarily to the drive,
> played, and then deleted
> from the hard drive.
>
> My basic question is ... what is the viability of storing 1-2 mb .MOV or .MPG
> files .... within Valentina ?
>
> Thank you.
>

> Best Regards,
> Gunnar Swan
> Practice To Pass
> 1.888.307.2050
> http://www.PracticeToPass.Com

   Let me pose a related question.  What is the viability of having the
means to stream it out of the database blob file (even if requiring
decryption) as needed for playing, so you wouldn't have to first write it to
a separate file?  I assume this would require an internal process in order
to handle blob segmentation.

--
G. Apple
Ed4U