Valentina works under ASP.NET

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 2 21:30:55 CDT 2003

on 6/2/03 18:26, Aric Whitaker at aric at pccrafter.com wrote:

> Using the ActiveX control, I have started writing some apps under
> ASP.NET using the valentine DB.  Has anyone out there done this already?
>
> I am using the Server.CreateObject() command to perform the object
> creation of the valentina objects... but if I had a header file, I could
> compile the VCOM.dll to run MUCH faster.
>
> - OR - does anyone know how to use the OLEDB connection tools to grab
> the query results and dump them into a data grid?  What I'm doing now is
> taking the results inside the cursor, dumping them into a data grid
> manually using a loop function, then working off the data grid.  Does
> anyone know an easier way?

Hi Aric,

It seems you are first who work with this.

1) OLE DB provide for Valentina not exists, and I think in future we will
have it

2) there is hope that in near future we will get Valentina .NET classes.
So you will be able use them with VB 7, C#, and rest.
I Don't know if this better fit into ASP then VCOM.

3) what header files you need?
Of VCOM classes ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com