VServer4D

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 23 08:29:36 CDT 2003

on 7/23/03 4:19, jkleins at shentel.net at jkleins at shentel.net wrote:

> Name:      James C. Kleinschmidt
>
> Question regarding: v4rb

Hi James,

> I get an error 666 everytime I try to open a database in the server Beta. What
> is this error?

> It seems to occur on the "Open" step. I am just using a
> folderItem with the name of the server database as the path but I am not sure
> if that is right.

This is time out error.
Hmm, what version of Vserver you use?

In the latest one, we now have license files. So no time out.
Please make sure you try latest beta of Vserver.

> Also do you need to do anything in the database class
> constructor to store the host,user and password of do you just ignore them as
> parameters of the constructor. I didn't see much discussion about getting the
> server up and running on the list. I you have a better explanation then the
> manuals please let me know what it is.

James, in the example that come with V4RB_Client in the constructor of
MyDatabase you can see

Sub MyDatabase( inHost, inUser, inPassw )

  VDatabase(inHost, inUser, inPassw)
  mPerson = new boPerson

end

So as you see, you pass parameters to constructor of PARENT class --
Vdatabase.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com