[V4MD] problem with importing jpgs

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri Jul 18 20:27:49 CDT 2003

On 18-07-2003 18:48, "Gunnar Swan" <GunnarSwan at practicetopass.com> wrote:

> Our software is just now getting into storing JPEG in Valentina.
> I'm strongly interested in this subject.
> We will do one time import ... then once in database, read only.
> Would image degredation be a problem in this case ?

Our software reads ands stores thousands of pictures from Internet
newsgroups into a huge Valentina database, and not much image degradation
takes place (although it is even better when the image is not altered at
all).

In my opinion there is so little lost that it would not make much of a
difference. But then again the images on the Internet aren't always of the
best quality, so some pixels lost wouldn't be noticed anyway.

In general, storing them once and reading them only for the rest of their
lifetime should be fine.

--

Some REALbasic stuff:

<http://www.brainchild.nl/realbasic/>
lifetime doesn't seem like a problem to me.