Getting specific record number

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri Jul 18 20:24:23 CDT 2003

On 18-07-2003 18:43, "Mark Maslowski" <mark at majico.com> wrote:

> The project is a clothing catalog CD. Let's say the user uses the menu to
> select Mens Shirts > Polo. I display the record information for this product
> by creating a cursor with WHERE shirt_style = 'polo'. This creates a cursor
> with a single record. However, the client want the user, with a back and
> next button, to be able to step though and display the products in Mens
> Shirts. So, I need to find out where the current product, Polo Shirt, is
> within the larger cursor of Mens Shirts so that I can do a NextRecord or
> PreviousRecord from that point.

I guess you would need to create 2 cursors, one with the RecID and the other
fields from the polo's, and antoher with the RecID and other fields from all
men's shirts.

When you know the RecID of the one polo, you can search for it in the other,
bigger cursor and step your way up or down that bigger selection.

Is that close to what you want?