[V4MD] problem with importing jpgs

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 18 16:47:59 CDT 2003

on 7/18/03 15:33, Stephan Gschwendtner at sg at hypermirror.de wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> we have a big problem importing jpgs into a valentina database with
> director.
> This problem is also in your example "100 (Pictures)".
> After importing into director the jpg looks like before importing, but
> after "setPicture" and "getPicture" the look of the the jpeg has changed.
> I have send you the result of importing a jpg into valentina with your
> "100 (Pictures)" example.
> The jpg seems to be more fuzzy and one or two pixel of the left side are
> after import on the right side.
> This problem is independent of the quality of the jpeg compression.
> For us this is a big problem, because we have big jpegs (1024 * 768) and
> they are projected on a 50 ore more zoll screen, so you see every "wrong
> pixel".

Hi Stephan,

Okay I see problem.

As fast workaround you can try to use field BLOB and store pictures using
SetMethod. But this probably will end with bigger db size.

For nice solution of this problem we need to V4MD feature that exists
already in other products: ability to store JPG AS IS, without own vl
compression.

We need all together fight with this problem.
I need help because I am not sure how you Lingo writer can
A) open JPG file as binary file
B) read into RAM it AS IS, so Driector will not expand it
C) send to V4MD this RAM buffer.

You have ideas how this can be done?

May be we need look on third party xtras that work with pictures and JPGs?

May be V4MD should import JPG directly from disk by given path?
Although this require efforts from us. Not implemented in kernel.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com