Cache question/bug report?

jda jda at his.com
Wed Jul 16 07:35:49 CDT 2003

>Hmm, you want to say that your import written in RB code and using V4RB
>plugin works faster of my ASCII import/export ?!
>I do not believe! :-)

By an order of magnitude (tenfold) or more! A 60 MB database takes a
*loooong* time to export/import with XML (I stopped timing it after 1
hr) -- it takes about 5 minutes for my code.

>  > Why might this be? Doesn't Valentina page out when the cache is filled?
>
>No, Valentina do not page out.
>
>Sounds like a bug in cache. In the past I have see such problems few times.
>
>1) does that db have the same number of fields, but differ only by number of
>records?

Yes.

>2) do you just import import import records with no flush?
>If yes then you can try add flush after each, say 1000 or 5000 records.

I thought of that. I was flushing every 500 records. I changed that
to every 100 records. Still didn't work -- I get a -39 error when the
db is closed and then reopened.

Jon