C++ SDK framework

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 14 08:20:59 CDT 2003

on 7/14/03 1:56, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

>> I have Dec tools. So I have 3.3 then.
>
> Nope. This is an update to the Dec Tools.
>
>> By the way, guys.
>> I wonder. What if we will drop VSDK.framework and will use instead "normal"
>> Way DLL + includes.
>
> On Mac OS X, this is called "framework"! ;-) Sorry, but that's the way to
> go...

Not so easy.

It is not *just named* framework. It require changes of includes style.
I think you have see in VSDK sources:

    #ifdef FRAMEWORK
        #include <VSDK/fbl.h>
    #else
        #include <FBL.h>
    #endif

And why you say no other way?
I think I can simply built shared library (in Apple or .dylib) format.
And give you that library and includes. Exactly as we do this for MacOS 9
and windows.

Where you see problems?

MacOS X have a lots of installed .dylib
We also can go by this way.