[V4RB] HEEELP! My .vdb file wouldn't be opened!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 8 22:04:02 CDT 2003

on 7/8/03 17:52, Wonder Fef at wonderfef at noos.fr wrote:

>> Unfortunately, I just see you have
>> only 2 files (vdb + ind). What a pity. I'm not a guru, but I think it's
>> better to use at least 3 (vdb, dat, ind), just in case...
>
> I chose to use one single .vdb file (+ the .ind file) because maintenance is
> easier...
> You only have to secure one file.
> Trashing the .ind file may help too.
>
> Is there any mean to split the .vdb file into .dat + .vdb?

Sense is that .vdb file itself then will NOT be changed most time.
Only if you modify db structure.

.dat file is modified when you modify Tables.

As result you can lose .dat file but .vdb file still will be working,
And you will be able open db for diagnose and repair.

Of course in future Valentina must resists as much sa possible from such
"not open".

By the way. Can you send me this .vdb file for analyze?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com