[V4MD] image property / compressed text

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 17:31:05 CDT 2003

At 18:02 07.07.2003 +0300, you wrote:
>I am not against. Just too busy on other critical issues.
>No time on cosmetic yet :-)

cosmetic, argh...this is by no means a cosmetic issue, it's a
critical functionality which would save me a lot of time when
working with picture fields.

>You can speed up things if make for me small simple project that show
>A) at first how pictures work now.
>B) syntax which you want did work.

Basically, it would be ok if the new function used the very same
syntax the Set/GetPicture functions are using now.

Currently, I would have to use the "member" in order to store
a picture in a picture field:

Cursor.SetPicture("pictfield", member "my pict", 100)

With the desired Set/GetImage() function, we would do the
very same, ONLY we would be able to store the contents
of an image object, like so:

Cursor.SetImage("pictfield", member("my pict").image, 100)

or, which is even better since we don't have to create a member:

Cursor.SetImage("pictfield", myImageObject, 100)

The same goes for the GetImage() function, which would return
an image object:

member("my pict").image = Cursor.GetImage("pictfield")
or
myImageObject = Cursor.GetImage("pictfield")

Of course, there really is no need for a separate Get/SetImage()
function, the "image" Property functionality could just as well
be included in the current Get/SetPicture() functions, or even
replace the "picture" Property as it is pretty much obsolete since
the "image" Property has been introduced in Director 8.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de