[ANN] new V4RB and V4RB_Client uploaded

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Sun Jul 6 19:18:57 CDT 2003

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 03:38 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 7/6/03 19:32, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 07:59 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> You can download new builds of these products.
>>

>> Unfortunately, VBaseObject.Field("recID") still returns nil for V4Rb
>> Client.
>
> I have think this is not so important now for you.
> I am not sure this is very easy fix...

It's important to me.  I have a set of DBQuery classes that I use to
build SQL statements.  Because my databases usually have a static
structure, I prefer to work with VField and VBaseObject objects instead
of strings.  So, for example, I have methods like

DBQuery.AddField(fld as VField)
DBQuery.AddTable(bo as VBaseObject)

as well as many other functions that take advantage of VField
subclasses and function overloading to build query strings without the
need for long select case blocks.

Charles Yeomans