NoLocks // 1.9.8b10 adoption of record locks. Feedback

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 6 23:02:51 CDT 2003

on 7/6/03 21:34, erne at ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it wrote:

> this again makes me wonder, there'll be a queue handling of data
> request?

You mean on side of server?

Yes of course. In 2.0 will exists Queue of queries,
Queue of lock requests.

> if so, can we know how many we have ahead?

I did not think about this. Should be possible.
But again, this will require callbacks to server.

Usually you set timeout. I.e. You say.
This client can wait up to 45 seconds for answer from server.
In case time is longer, query is interrupted and user should get timeout
error.

> if so, how can we check this info while waiting?
>
> Say I have a timeout of 5 secs
> I do the Sql, those records are busy and another query is awaiting for
> them (so I'm 3rd in line)

> the first user release the record and the second locks it, he's about
> to release it but my Sql times out, so I loose my place in the queue
> and have to start it all over, but if I could see my turn is coming
> there's no way I do a thing like that!

I will think about this future.

I have see it seems in 4D ability to give you info WHO have lock needed
record.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com