1.9.8b10 adoption of record locks. Feedback

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Sat Jul 5 17:05:35 CDT 2003

On Saturday, July 5, 2003, at 04:14 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 7/5/03 18:51, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:
>
>> It is of course possible to add a function RecID() as VULong in V4Rb
>> using the new class extension mechanism in Rb5, and this I have done.
>
> What new mechanism, Charles?

Rb 5 added two net keywords, Extends and Assigns.  The Extends keyword
allows you to call a global function as if it were a function of a
class.  For example --

Function RecID(Extends bo as VBaseObject) as VULong
   Return VULong(bo.Field("RecID")
End Function

Now I call this function in code as a function of VBaseObject.

Return app.DB.BaseObject(1).RecID

Charles Yeomans