1.9.8b10 adoption of record locks. Feedback

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Fri Jul 4 10:47:24 CDT 2003

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 09:17 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 7/4/03 1:11, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:
>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> In case somebody will adopt project for new syntax of SqlSelect() and
>>> get
>>> SUCCESS or FAILURE, please notify me.
>>>
>>> Especially in case of success :-)
>>>

>> Which reminds me; I reported a bug in which VField.BaseObject was
>> always returning nil for V4Rb client; was that fixed?  I didn't see
>> any
>> mention of it in the release notes.  I can't really do any testing
>> until that bug is fixed.
>
> Really?
>
> Then I will fix it right now...one moment...Hmm,
> I see that this function do NOT clears gVRB_Error.
>
> Charles, I think I need from you small project.
> Or may be you mean other function? Please check.

Actually, it appears that this problem is gone, but in the course of
writing a test project I see that VBaseObject.Field("recID") returns
nil, as do VBaseObject.Field("recID") and VBaseObject.Field("recid").

I'd like to suggest that you add a function VBaseObject.RecID() as
VULong that returns the recID field, since it's intrinsic to
VBaseObject.

Charles Yeomans