[OFF] FTP client 'Transmit' and .sit.bin files

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Wed Jul 2 14:01:53 CDT 2003

>Hi All,
>
>I have try to play with 'Transmit' FTP client.
>All looks good if not one problem.
>
>When I upload "archive.sit.bin" on site, it make it as "archive.sit".
>I have not found way to make it work correctly.
>
>Anybody know how?
>
>When I do this with old good Anarchy no such problems, so this is "feature"
>of Transmit...

Some servers or ftp programs are set to automatically bin files.  I
have run into this problem before on my old server (appleshare IP, OS
9)

Check what fetch does and see if you can turn off this feature in prefs.

I have an old copy of fetch I can send you.
--
-Zav
back after this important commercial announcement