[OFF] FTP client 'Transmit' and .sit.bin files

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Wed Jul 2 13:47:30 CDT 2003

Does anyone have b8 that they can send to me? I'd like the final version
without locks until I can get around to updating my code.

> I have try to play with 'Transmit' FTP client.
> All looks good if not one problem.
>
> When I upload "archive.sit.bin" on site, it make it as "archive.sit".
> I have not found way to make it work correctly.

I just downloaded archive.sit.bin and it downloads as an ISO file -- double
clicking will not unstuff it. I can unstuff it if I drag and drop on stuffit
expander

> Anybody know how?

It looks like Transmit it trying to help you.

For some time it has been standard practice to include only one extension in
the final file. I've been uploading stuffed files in the format of
archive.bin for well over a year with zero reports of download problems.

> When I do this with old good Anarchy no such problems, so this is "feature"
> of Transmit...

I gave up on hassling with Anarchy and switched to Transmit a couple of
years ago. Transmit 2 on X is a wonderful ftp app.

Keith DeLong