corrupt database

jda jda at his.com
Fri Jan 31 18:13:35 CST 2003

>Is it not possible for you (for the future) changing the one-file
>mode to an other? I am using ind-file and one file for the rest.
>Thats a good solution, because corrupt Indexes are often and hard
>work. I know it sound stupid, but I choose the solution to delete
>the Index-File before I open the database (Coded by myself). This
>takes a while until database is reindexed again but it is more
>stabile and I have less questions from Users, because there app
>doesn't crash and I have to write them "Please look in your
>database-directory and delete the file with *.ind".

This of course works, but it's kind of ugly on a Mac, especially if
your users can have many databases, as mine can. I use a one-file
solution, but have a menu called Database Maintenance, and one of the
options is Rebuild Index. When users have problems with finds or
sorts, I tell them to rebuild the index and everything is fine again.
BTW, I've never personally had a crash due to a corrupted index, just
couldn't do searches or sorts properly.

Jon