corrupt database

Elizabeth Robar erobar at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 16:32:23 CST 2003

Hello, all,

Take a database (mine has about 6 tables and WAS working beautifully),
and in ViSQL Carbon run the statement
	SELECT * FROM sysitem WHERE Value<>0
(I was trying to figure out how to return all the fields in a given
table so I could write some scripts more easily)
ViSQL Carbon crashes mightily, and the sysitem table seems to be wiped
out... making all the data in the database inaccessible!

So, first question: is there any way I can retrieve the data I've lost
access to?  And what basic things ought I to know, so I don't do
something so disastrous again?  I hope this is more than just a lesson
in the importance of backups!

Thanks in advance,
Liz