Memory Efficient, Fast Storage Method

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 31 22:53:17 CST 2003

> From: "Matthias Buercher" <reader at belle-nuit.com>
> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:49:00 +0100
>

> On Friday, Jan 31, 2003, at 18:27 Europe/Zurich, Charles Yeomans wrote:
>
>> Consider using Valentina to store your data.  It's really, really fast.
>
> speaking about fast database engines. is there an sql engine which
> works in RAM?

:-)

Hi Matthias,

This is exactly what we will have in Valentina 2.0.

Valentina will have

A) disk based db -- like now
B) disk-based db with ability create TMP tables on the RAM, by your choice.
C) totally RAM-based db -- this is what you ask about

Ruslan Zasukhin               [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]
Paradigma Software                        http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Valentina is cross-platform, fantastic fast database engine, supports
C/C++,Java,JDBC,SQL,Director,REALbasic,PHP,XCMD,COM,Visual BASIC......