Format of GCC 2.9.5 and 3. X

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 31 22:45:52 CST 2003

on 1/31/03 7:18 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

>> Does they have THE SAME format ?
>>
>> I.e. Can you in 3.x use current VSDK.framework which I do build using 2.95 ?
>>

>> And if I switch to 3.x will be users of 2.95 still be able use VSDK ?
>
> Hmmm... Interesting point. No they are not compatible. I don't know why I
> didn't thought about this before... Sorry! This is probably the source of
> most of our problems. You know, as a rule of thumb you should never export
> C++ classes from shared library because of that.
>
> They are also incompatible with CodeWarrior. So it means you need to publish
> 3 frameworks:
>
> VSDK_GCC2.95.framework
> VSDK_GCC3_10.framework
> VSDK_CW.framework
>
> Since your are working on v.2 it is probably the a quick patch. However, you
> definitively need to merge them for v.2.
>
> This gives another good reason to use them as internal private framework!!!

Eric,

So am I right that you use December tools ?

Okay, first of all I want note, that for CW we do not provide framework at
all.

I also was very wondered, on system frameworks, but they are 100% C-language
frameworks...

Eric, but I am not sure that they are really incompatible!
If they was, then I think you will not be able link. But you can link.
What you think?

Of course if they have change format of exceptions...

In 2.0 I am going workaround this problem of compilers by using interface
classes...although problem of exceptions still remain...

I many times already think and wonder, why they will not make ANSI standard
on C++ binary as this was on C language...We'd get paradise.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com