Format of GCC 2.9.5 and 3. X

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Fri Jan 31 12:18:29 CST 2003

> Does they have THE SAME format ?
>
> I.e. Can you in 3.x use current VSDK.framework which I do build using 2.95 ?
>

> And if I switch to 3.x will be users of 2.95 still be able use VSDK ?

Hmmm... Interesting point. No they are not compatible. I don't know why I
didn't thought about this before... Sorry! This is probably the source of
most of our problems. You know, as a rule of thumb you should never export
C++ classes from shared library because of that.

They are also incompatible with CodeWarrior. So it means you need to publish
3 frameworks:

VSDK_GCC2.95.framework
VSDK_GCC3_10.framework
VSDK_CW.framework

Since your are working on v.2 it is probably the a quick patch. However, you
definitively need to merge them for v.2.

This gives another good reason to use them as internal private framework!!!

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>