New VSDK

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 31 14:22:52 CST 2003

on 1/28/03 10:26 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

> I've made a quick demo (in about an hour) that reproduce the problem. It
> follows the same group-person metaphor as before. What you should do:
>
> 1) Download from your web site: VSDK.framework 1.9.7b6
>
> 2) Put the VSDK.framework framework inside VSDKTest folder (attached).
>
> 3) Put a breakpoint at VTDatabase.mm, line 457.
>
> 4) Click the "Build and Debug".
>
> 5) Add a few persons: this one first, because a bug of my own... ;-)
>
> 6) Add a few groups.
>
> 7) Drag a person to a group
>
> 8) Drag another person to another group...
>
> After 8) you should stop at the breakpoint!

Hi Eric,

You it is funny but it seems it works for me correctly.
I just skip step 1 and use archive from my HDD. So may be glitch here...

1) I have spend many hours to fight with PB to build DEBUG version of
framework. At last of end, I believe this is GCC 2.95 bug.
May be in new version this problem not exists.
Okay, so I have made tmp fix and make DEBUG version.

2) now I go to your project, and still see crash in method compilation.
I see now that string come as
    "(Group << \xca32) + Person"

At last of end, I find that on some reason GCC have not compile your few
files with DEBUG mode. I hate GCC.
Okay, so I do clean, rebuild, and wow, now no crash, string is fine.
And I see your window of project.

3) Now I start do your steps above. Everything works.
I can add many persons to many groups, and if I add the same person to the
same group I get exception.

4) I think, Okay, may be again in DEBUG it works but in RELEASE it fail?
So I take again archive which MUST BE on FTP, drop it into your test.
And wow, again, all works as expected.

5) Now I will try to download from WEB archive and check it...

So, Eric, contact me ASAP to finish this issue.
I see only 2 reasons
A) bad archive on FTP
B) you need do rebuild on your your side.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com