ORDER BY

jda jda at his.com
Thu Jan 23 11:28:18 CST 2003

>Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "define second index
>using BaseObject methods", Ruslan. Are there examples in the
>documentation that would show me what to do?

Here's an example:

//create field

   myField = new VText("title", 128, "English")

//now create method that returns field indexed by words and
uppercased (for case insensitive searches)

   myFieldMethod = new VText("myFieldMethod", 128, "English", kV_IndexByWords)
   myFieldMethod.SetMethod("Upper(myField)")

//now create method NOT indexed by words and return uppercased (for
case insensitive search/sort)
   myFieldSortMethod = new VText("myFieldSortMethod", 128, "English",
kV_Indexed)
   myFieldSortMethod.SetMethod("Upper(myField)")

Jon