[Valentina] Re: Vdb files

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Sun Jan 19 17:24:47 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

>> Does this make sense?
>
> I afraid no.
>
> You forget that THE SAME source code must work on MAC without extension, on
> Windows with extension.
>
> So
>
>> ValentinaSetExtensions "", "dat, "blb", "ind"
>> db.Create( "dbname" )
>>
>> To get files:
>>  dbname
>>  dbname.dat
>>  dbname.blb
>>  dbname.ind
>
> Is not good idea, because this code on Windows ALSO will create file with NO
> extension, but we need it. You see?

Only if I specify the extension as "".

As a developer, I should have control without these confusing and convoluted
rules. In order to ensure Win32 extensions you make an otherwise
straightforward process confusing.

> If you will take in account all this points, I think you will see that no
> other way except current.
>
> Please try my logic of work, and confirm that it works fine for you.

As I said before, I know how to work around this, but it is very confusing
and not at all intuitive.

> Again, IF you want ext you need specify it self in call to Create().
> But before you need call ValentinaSetExtensions

I still think this could be much simpler than you're making it. :-)

Keith