[Valentina] Re: Vdb files

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Sat Jan 18 12:27:10 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

>> Here's the problem, If you create a vdb on OS 9 without an extension, it
>> will not open or associate properly on OS X or Windows. This is huge.
>
> Keith,
>
> Answer is simple as I see.
>
> You need SELF add extension to db name if user have not enter it in
> NewDialog.
>
> So user enters:  "mydb"
>
> You add: "mydb.dbq"
>
> And send this to Valentina in Create().
> Now Valentina will create for you file with extension.

This does not work. What I get following the create is

mydb.dbq
mydb.dbq.dat
mydb.dbq.ind

> In fact this is right way.
> I may be have try to make Valentina smarter than it must be...

What I have to do now is AFTER the create to go back and add the .vdb to the
file. This is quite a kludge and has become a problem in certain instances.

You see, I am relying on the ValentinaSetExtensions for the .dat and .ind
files as Valentina creates and names those.

Why can't ValentinaSetExtensions handle this?

Keith DeLong