[Valentina] [V4RB] b5 now works with RB 5 and new compiler,

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Sat Jan 18 12:20:59 CST 2003

> Hi V4RB developers,
>
> You can download new beta 5 build of Valentina for REALbasic,
> That do not crash RB5 on start.
>
> Payment for this, is that I have disable function
>
>   SqlExecute(Query as string, Binds() as String) as integer
>
> So if you do not use this function you can start play with RB5+V4RB
> combination.

Here's a sample of the multitude of errors I'm getting trying to compile my
project in RB5b1 with the latest V4RB 1.9.7b5

Code:   inDb.EmpInfo.EmpPtr.value = inDb.Employees.GetRecID
Error:  "Parameters are not compatible with this function"

Code:   b = db.Settings.FirstRecord
Error:"Unidentified identifier"

Code:   Break1 = db.Settings.Break1.getstring
Error:  "Unidentified identifier"

Of course all application compiles and works fine in Rb 4.5 with prior V4RB.

Keith DeLong