Select command using right

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 19 09:45:53 CST 2003

on 2/19/03 2:14 AM, Yennie at aol.com at Yennie at aol.com wrote:

> To clarify... do you mean you cannot use left() or right() in SELECT at all
> now, even if the field is a method? i.e., you must have the functions
> built-in to the method?

Brian, only LEFT() can be used for now.

IF the field is method then OF COURSE this method can be used in SELECT,
And indirectly its functions.

> If so, this should probably be documented with a big warning. I for one have
> a bunch of code (which luckily I don't use anymore) that collects search
> terms and uses left() to search the database, i.e.:
>
> SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE left(SEARCH_TEXT, "&length(searchTerm)&") = "&
> searchTerm

THIS WORKS

Because I have add left() even before of functions.
Because this open access to fast indexed search.

In the same time RIGHT() will not do indexed search.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com