Test VPHP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 13 23:25:36 CST 2003

on 2/13/03 10:00 PM, Lloyd Butler at lbutler at on.pelmorex.com wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> Sorry about the extra test file, I just replaced the old files with the new
> ones, and that file (valentina.php) was not erased.
>
> Ok, now on to the testing vphp_test_blob.php
>
> You have a few typos in that script, so it made running it fun.
>
> As noted, the $path line was wrong, fixed
> PHP does not seem to like the /* starting line 10. It looks like you were
> using block commenting from a compiler as the closing text */ was at the end
> of line 35 and needed to be removed as well.
>
> All the tests seem to run ok until you try and uncomment line 28, the close
> database, and then uncomment line 32, the open database. So that the
> database is closed, and then reopened.

YES, Lloyd.,

On some reason

    open - close - open

in the same script do not works on OS X.
It works fine on Windows.

We don't know why yet.

Lloyd,

It seems you have miss my letter on list.
Please use the next text for BLOB test:

<?php
print "<pre>";

    // YOU MUST SET HERE YOUR PATH !!!
$dbHomePath = "/Users/rz/database/";

$path = $dbHomePath."test_blob.vdb";

    $dbRef = valDatabase_New( $path );

    $query = "CREATE TABLE Person( Photo BLOB(128) )";
    $affectedCount = valDatabase_SqlExecute( $dbRef, $query );

    $curs = valDatabase_SqlSelect( $dbRef, "SELECT * FROM Person WHERE RecID
= 0" );

    valCursor_SetField( $curs, "photo",
"123456789012345567890qweuidfgdfghbgbbbbbb" );

    valCursor_AddRecord( $curs );

    $curs = valDatabase_SqlSelect( $dbRef, "SELECT * FROM Person" );
    $str = valCursor_GetField( $curs, "photo" );
    print $str;

    valDatabase_Close($dbRef);

print "</pre>";
?>