Test VPHP

Lloyd Butler lbutler at on.pelmorex.com
Thu Feb 13 15:00:46 CST 2003

Ruslan,

Sorry about the extra test file, I just replaced the old files with the new
ones, and that file (valentina.php) was not erased.

Ok, now on to the testing vphp_test_blob.php

You have a few typos in that script, so it made running it fun.

As noted, the $path line was wrong, fixed
PHP does not seem to like the /* starting line 10. It looks like you were
using block commenting from a compiler as the closing text */ was at the end
of line 35 and needed to be removed as well.

All the tests seem to run ok until you try and uncomment line 28, the close
database, and then uncomment line 32, the open database. So that the
database is closed, and then reopened.

You get a Fatal error-1409, but it does not point at  the correct line
number. You get it telling you the error was on line 16. That is the line
that executes the create table command, well above where the close and
reopen are issued.

Leaving the close and reopen command commented, everything works.

####
- vphp_test_pict_v4md.php
runs ok, and you get back the gif image.

So I got all the tests scripts to run once the typos were fixed.

Now to see about building a little script that will access one of my
existing databases and see how that works.

The PHP reference PDF's are broken links, so those are no help.

Which other reference would be closest to get the parameters for the various
functions?

Lloyd