Blob Fields

Barney barney at custombased.com
Wed Feb 12 10:23:49 CST 2003

Ruslan,

Sorry I'm still not having any luck.

This is what I'm trying.

Dim Blb as VBlob
 Dim p as picture
 Dim BO as VBaseObject

  p = flag  // pict file

  Bo = window1.db.Baseobject("Assets")

  Blb = Bo.CreateBlobField("FlagFld",6*1024)

  Blb.SetPicture(p)
  Bo.UpdateRecord()
  window1.db.flush

The only way I can seem to get Blb to NOT be nil is to create
a new field every time. If I go :

 Blb = Bo.Field("FlagFld")

I get incorrect syntax obviously. How do I get to have a representation of
my Blob field that exists in my table. Presumably I need this to assign a
picture to it.

In your example file it is a property of your base object class. How can I
reproduce this with code ? there doesn't seem to be any syntax for this like
there is for normal fields ? eg

Bo = window1.db.Baseobject("Assets")
Fld = Bo.field("name")

The code up above although it executes completely still seems to have no
effect. When I look in my data base file there is nothing except empty
"FlagFld" fields. Also there is no second file like your example creates to
store the picture in, just still my single file.

This example throws incorrect syntax error :
cur.field("FlagFld").DeleteBLOB

Many thanks for your help

Barney