[for ALL] Valentina Server 1.x // And they say OpenBase is good?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 10 23:11:53 CST 2003

on 2/10/03 10:53 PM, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:

>> 5) And to warm up you :-)
>>
>> We here already have Valentina Server working on Windows for now.
>> As backend Igor use 1.x kernel (!)
>> In other words we already have done:
>>     -- threading model
>>     -- sockets,
>>     -- network protocol
>>
>> We can send all SQL commands of Valentina 1.x
>> And read/write data...
>>
>> We have here crazy idea...May be we may ship Valentina Server 1.x ?
>> It will be based on current kernel.
>> No transactions. No new SQL parser... No Users/Group.
>> But this will be multi-user, true Client-Server access to Valentina
>> database!
>>
>> What you think?  Should we do this?
>>

> Yes.  What I would suggest is that you make available a time-bombed
> version of ValentinaServer 1.x for free to users with Valentina
> licenses.  This would allow us to get started using it and would ensure
> that the networking and threading layers are exercised and bugs found
> before version 2 ships.

Well in any case it will not be free.

1) we need funds to pay for developers, which work now on 2.0 target.
As you could see we have now good team here.
The more developers work on Valentina the faster we get our dreams.

2) we already have spend few months on development of this Server.

3) I think the right way is that users of 1.x Server will get free upgrade
to Server 2.0.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com