[Attention to ALL]: VJDBC and VPHP beta testing.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 7 00:17:34 CST 2003

on 2/6/03 11:55 PM, Lloyd Butler at lbutler at on.pelmorex.com wrote:

Hi Lloyd,

> Ruslan,
>
> I have been trying for the past couple of days to get the php library to
> work, but can't seem to get it installed.
>
> I am not too familiar with the unix compiling and linking stuff which is why
> I haven't wasted lots of bandwidth trying to solve my inexperience. I was
> going to try JDBC with Perl, but have the same sort of limitations. Lots of
> ideas, not too much knowledge. Having worked with Applescript for the past 6
> years, you never see this stuff.
>
> OS X 10.2.3 and php 4.3.0 I can get it to configure, but then when I run
> make I get
>
> ld: can't locate file for: -lVCSDK_Macho
> make: *** [libs/libphp4.bundle] Error 1
>
> I am guessing it is looking for VCSDK_Macho.dylib which is in
> /usr/lib/vcsdk.

Have you made alias to this library in this folder also?
Alias will have name libVCSDK_Macho.dylib

Linker require such name of library.

> I can get php to compile with mySql and other options, just not valentina. I
> suspect a silly mistake, but...
>
> Oh well, need to get more reading to see if I can figure some of this out.

Well, in fact this can be my mistake in installation instructions...
I have made changes in last beta.

This is why I ask if anybody was able to use latest beta of VPHP?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com