[V4RB] ? about cascade deletion and many to many relationship

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Thu Feb 6 21:34:41 CST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 06.02.03 um 20:08 Uhr schrieb Kevin Windham:

> I don't think that will work. I don't have an VobjectPtr field in t1
> or t2, only in t12. There is nowhere to set kv_SetNull in t2. Or am I
> missing something?

Sorry, it is possible that I missunderstood your relations.

table: t12
field1: xxx VObjectPtr.t1, kv_Cascade
field2: xxx VObjectPtr.t2, kv_Nullable or kv_Cascade

table: t1

table: t2

this is my understanding of your description.

In both solutions (field2 is kv_Nullable or kv_Cascade) when you now
delete t1 then the records in t12 should be deleted too, but in t2
nothing should be deleted or could you explain what your relations
between the 3 tables?

bye

Claudius