[V4RB] ? about cascade deletion and many to many relationship

Kevin Windham kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Thu Feb 6 12:18:50 CST 2003

Say I have a link table  t12 with t1.ptr and t2.ptr so I have a many to
many relation between t1 and t2.

Now when I delete a record  t1 I want the associated link records in
t12 to be deleted, but I don't want the associated records in t2 to be
deleted.

If I understand the Cascade option correctly, it will delete records in
t2 also. Is that correct, and if so how would I go about handling this
situation? If I am wrong, can someone tell me how to set up the
deletion properly.

Thanks,
Kevin