corrupt database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Feb 1 00:31:03 CST 2003

on 2/1/03 12:10 AM, Elizabeth Robar at erobar at earthlink.net wrote:

> I know it sounds strange - to have a good database, then issue a SELECT
> (Read) statement, and have it croak - but I've even reproduced it!

You use Win/mac ?
What version ?
What product ?
What version of viSQL?

Can you really reproduce this few times and describe way how to do this?
Only some special db or any db ?

> My (uneducated, wild) guess is that the system table sysitems didn't like it
> somehow... whereas a normal, user-defined table might not have taken it so
> poorly.

What about system tables you speak?
Valentina system tables?
But they are changed only if you change db structure.
SELECT do not touch them in any way.

> Unfortunately, I was using one-file mode - so the below method won't
> help in restoring the data.  I did have a backup, so it's not
> essential... but I'm interested in possible restoration methods for the
> future.  Along with development, I'm doing a lot of manual input, and I
> only make copies every so often... maybe I'll increase the frequency.

First of all will be great if you teach me how to reproduce and I will fix
this problem.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com