[V4MD] regex question

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Sat Dec 20 19:02:18 CST 2003

At 16:35 20.12.2003, you wrote:
> > I need to find strings that start with a LOWER quote, like this: '„'
> > Not the regular one at the top: ' " '
>
>Martin, as quote you mean
>
>     SPECIAL CHARACTER  „

Yes.

>I don't know what is "lower quote".
>This is German term ?

I don't know what it's called, but in German quotations the first quote,
the opening quote is a lower quote and the last quote, the closing quote
is an upper quote.

>I still think that you can simply include this special character
>Into charset.
>
>     [„\W]

No, I can't, because the character does not exist in plain text and
I can't write the character into a plaintext script, like a Director Lingo
Script,
it's not possible. All you get is a little black square. Try to copy this
„ character into a Lingo Script in Director and you will see that it
doesn't work.

That's why I'm trying to figure out how else I could include it in a regex
search.
Hasn't anyone else ever had this problem?

Martin.