Creating temporary table

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 9 23:29:43 CST 2003

on 12/9/03 10:55 PM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

> I have what I hope is a question with a simple solution. I'd like to
> generate a cursor and display the results in a list (V4RB). Then I
> want to let users do an iTunes-like subsearch of the cursor. I think
> the way to do this is to create a temporary table from the contents
> of the cursor, and do subsearches on that (at least until Valentina
> 2.0, where searching within cursors will be allowed I think). I've
> looked in the examples but didn't see this. What would be the steps
> I'd need to do to populate a temporary table from the cursor?

BTW,

For 2.0 (C++ for now of course) we already have implement

    CreateSnapShoot(
        I_Table_Ptr  inSourceTable,
        String       inName,
        bool         inTemporary,
        EStorageType inStorageType  // Disk, RAM,
    )

This functions will accept as Tables, so Cursors.

----------
Question.

I wonder how you image this work with 2.0?

Assume you have get first Cursor  'curs1'

You have display it.

Now user type some search string.
You want to do search on curs1 and you get curs2, yes?

You still keep cursor1 live.

If user change something in search field, you again do search on curs1
And get new cursor 3, yes?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com