Getting connected with new VSRV

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 9 21:19:57 CST 2003

on 12/9/03 8:52 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

Hi Ken,

> Ruslan,
>
> Just to clarify, if I'm using the VXCMD client to talk to the new VSRV
> that supports server objects, I need to do this:
>
> 1) Create a new VServer object
>
> put Valentina("Server_New",<IP>,<name>,<password>) into srvRef
>
> 2) Open a session to that VServer object
>
> get Valentina("Server_OpenSession",srvRef)
>
> So far, this makes sense... but it looks like the next step would be to
> register databases, but if I've already gone in manually and added the
> references into the "databases" table, do I need to run
> "Server_RegisterDatabase"?

Of course no!

Register_Database, this is very rare for use function.
For example Valentina Studio use it to do this operation.

> It would seem to me that if I've already got databases in the
> "databases" table in master.vdb, that my next step is just to do a
> "Database_Open", right?
> I don't need to do a "Database_New", do I? The
> "Server_New" takes the place of the old "Database_New", right?

No,

You need do Database_NEW

You want work with 2 dbs, correct?

So your code should looks as

    db1 = Database_New( srvRef )
    db2 = Database_New( srvRef )

Now you have 2 Database objects. You can make more if needed.

Now you work with them as usually!

    Daatbase_Open( db1 )
    Daatbase_Open( db2 )

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com