Getting connected with new VSRV

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Dec 9 12:52:22 CST 2003

Ruslan,

Just to clarify, if I'm using the VXCMD client to talk to the new VSRV
that supports server objects, I need to do this:

1) Create a new VServer object

	put Valentina("Server_New",<IP>,<name>,<password>) into srvRef

2) Open a session to that VServer object

	get Valentina("Server_OpenSession",srvRef)

So far, this makes sense... but it looks like the next step would be to
register databases, but if I've already gone in manually and added the
references into the "databases" table, do I need to run
"Server_RegisterDatabase"?

It would seem to me that if I've already got databases in the
"databases" table in master.vdb, that my next step is just to do a
"Database_Open", right? I don't need to do a "Database_New", do I? The
"Server_New" takes the place of the old "Database_New", right?

Just trying to make the transition from the "old" beta to the new one...

Thanks,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com