Weird (permissions?) problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Dec 6 08:26:40 CST 2003

on 12/5/03 11:21 PM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I have one user who has really bizarre problems that seem to be
> traceable to back to Valentina -- things like incorrect sorting, etc.

> What is strange is that if he makes a new account on his Mac the
> problems don't occur. He  has fixed permission, run Janitor, etc. but
> no help. Recently he ran Panther Cache Cleaner, which seemed to help
> initially, but now the problems are recurring.
>
> Neither of us know what to make of this. Do  you think it could be a
> permissions thing having to do with the Valentina database cache?

But Valentina keep cache in RAM only.

> Has anyone else on this list encountered similarly strange behavior limited to
> one user account? I'm stymied...

1) YOUR app is in the system area?
    so all users on computer can access it?

2) if remove db files, and create new, it works?

3) it sounds like his db files have wrong flags of permission,
    in the terminal or PathFinder, or other way it is possible to check

May be files are read only?

Let he send you from terminal flags which can looks as:

    rwxrwxrwx

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com