Weird (permissions?) problems

jda jda at his.com
Fri Dec 5 16:21:05 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I have one user who has really bizarre problems that seem to be
traceable to back to Valentina -- things like incorrect sorting, etc.
What is strange is that if he makes a new account on his Mac the
problems don't occur. He  has fixed permission, run Janitor, etc. but
no help. Recently he ran Panther Cache Cleaner, which seemed to help
initially, but now the problems are recurring.

Neither of us know what to make of this. Do  you think it could be a
permissions thing having to do with the Valentina database cache? Has
anyone else on this list encountered similarly strange behavior
limited to one user account? I'm stymied...

Jon