V4RB Client Problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 5 18:22:33 CST 2003

on 12/5/03 1:55 AM, Michael Krugman at admin at ktinet.net wrote:

> Rusian:
>
> I tried everything you said, from scratch and I did everything by your
> instructions and, based on these instructions you're
> right.....however....if you try to add a SINGLE record, update or
> delete, these buttons do not work...on the main window or the query
> window.  Single Table will not add or delete single records.  If you
> look in the Populate Panes method and the Collect Panes method, you
> will see them commented out.  I uncommented them just to see if it
> would work and the Single Table app crashes....so does my app..this is
> what the problem is.

Hi Mike,

Okay, I have play wit example.

I see where is problem.
Cursor was marked as Client side.

**********
You can correct this easy self right now.

In the project open window Query.
Double click button "Execute"

Here edit line so it will looks as

    mCursor = mCallerWindow.mDataBase.SQLselect(
                SQLString.Text, kV_Server, kv_ReadWrite )

Now records can be added to cursor.

Just client cursor ALWAYS is read - only.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com