Getting RecID of record just added

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Dec 5 14:08:17 CST 2003

>Ruslan,
>
>The fact that you can't get the exact ID of a record that was just added
>without writing a very convoluted query is really starting to wear thin
>on me. :-)

Ken, may be I don't understand your problem fully, but you just need
to fetch the recId of the current record (Cursor_GetField). When you
add a new record, it's becoming the current record. The only extra
thing you need to do ahead of that is to include RecId in the sql
select that you use to create your cursor (Select *,RecId From ...).
It is just an extra field in the list, nothing convoluted :)

Robert Brenstein