pdf and Valentina

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Thu Dec 4 11:30:08 CST 2003

We have a similar project, and we are using Valentina for database and for
storing Director #text members, and Impressario to handle the PDFs. We are
keeping the PDFs external on the CD-ROM. For Valentina, we have the PDF text in
other formats (#text members, RTFs, etc.) and we use those to put the text into
our database. Then the user can search the text, and if they want to view a
document we put it on screen as a #text member (not PDF, since PDFs shrink when
you make them narrower, whereas a #text member will adjust its width and still
display the full-sized text). If they want to print the document, we use
Impressario to set an Impressario castmember to the correct PDF on the CD, then
print that.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology