V4RB Client Problems

Michael Krugman admin at ktinet.net
Thu Dec 4 12:14:58 CST 2003

Hi List:

I'm working on a migration to Valentina from RBDB.  I have downloaded
and installed Valentina Server, made sure I have the right plugin for
V4RB client, etc.  I am able to verify connection to the server, as I
am starting the server with Terminal and watching the logs develop, so
I think all of that is OK.  I originally migrated to V4RB without the
client plugin (I just used the V4RB standard plugin) when I rewrote the
code to work with Valentina.  Before I changed plugins, I was able to
create, open, add records to and search the database, all with no
problem.  Since switching plugins and connecting to server, the
database was created WITHOUT the table.  This is a single table
database.  I deleted the database without the table, then created
another one.  This time, it had a table, but my app crashed any time I
wanted to add a record. The log showed that as a sudden close.
Another thing that was not happening before I switched plugins is that
several other files are being created with the original database.  The
database name is Clients.  Files called clients.dat, clients ind.dat,
and clients.ind.ind are being created.  Can someone point me in the
right direction as to what went wrong here?

Thank you.

Mike