2 tables one dataBase

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 4 09:34:56 CST 2003

on 12/4/03 4:19 AM, Michael de Haan at mdeh at earthlink.net wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> May I pick your brain....I think it is a simple problem.
>
> I have designed a dataBase with 2 tables. The tables are related only
> in so far as sharing 2 out of 3 common fields. Querying each table is
> easy, but what I want to do is a combined search of both tables and
> then present the combined data as one result (showing all 3 fields
> where available).
>
> Could you suggest the way Valentina could do this?

Hi Michael,

Do you mean that 2 tables have link of RDB type (i.e. Not ObjectPtrs),
And this link is made on 2 fields?

Valentina cannot do this now.

You should use links based on ONE field.
I think it is always possible make this.

And then you need JOIN on that ONE  field.

    WHERE T1.id = T2.ptr

Or I have not understand your question?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com