Apostrophes

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Wed Dec 3 21:48:39 CST 2003

My trick in Access  for storing text fields that contain apostrophes was to
construct SQL variables that enclose text variables in CHR(34), i.e.
quotation marks. However, since that doesn't appear to work with Valentina,
what trick do you recommend? I'm about to change all of my SQL statements
and Getstrings to substitute apostrophes for exclamation marks and back
again on the fly --- the items I'm storing can never contain exclamation
marks naturally.

But there's probably a better way that you all will recommend to me.
chuck