locating field duplicates

Tim Davis timdavis at amug.org
Tue Dec 2 00:09:46 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

>> The records that became duplicates were modified (Updated) using SQL
>> on
>> the Server.
>> Isn't the unique field property supposed to prevent creating duplicate
>> field values?

> Yes of course.
> When you create field, you can specify flag UNIQUE.
> You can also assign it in VAPP for a field.

But, the field always was a unique field!

Then upon updating that field it created duplicates, (which should have
failed).

tried reindexing each table. When I found the table I turned off the
Unique flag on one of the two unique fields. The error stopped. When
trying to set the field to Unique again in VApp it looks like it fails
to set, BUT it actually does set the field to unique, becoming visible
when restarting VApp.)

Tim Davis